This workshop provides the working artist or photographer with a practical overview of best practices for selling artwork and photography on the Internet.
You will learn –
Why Internet marketing is critical today for creatives and how it can provide a quantum leap in sales for artists.
- How to create a sales & marketing strategy to fit your own circumstances.
- An overview of the many ways you can use the Internet and which ones are appropriate for your type of art.
- The common mistakes made in trying to sell on the Internet and how you can save time, money, and headaches by avoiding them.
- Which various types of websites you can use to sell your work and how they function. Whether to set up your own website or use third-party sites. The pro’s and con’s of each type.
- The various ways you can set up your own website; the pro’s and con’s of each type. How to keep it simple, attractive, effective, and inexpensive.
- How you can use the various social media venues, like Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter. How they differ for selling artwork and how to avoid common mistakes when using them.
- An overview of methods and strategies to draw traffic – the RIGHT traffic – to your website
- The basics of ecommerce and shopping cart software (direct-selling on your own website) for artists, including how to cost-effectively accept credit card payments online.
- There will also be opportunities to ask specific questions about your own personal situation and issues regarding marketing and sales on the Internet.
When you have completed this workshop you will have a clearer picture for creating a solid Internet marketing strategy to move your art business forward. You will understand specific tools and techniques which can be used to increase sales on the Internet.
The workshop has been created and will be taught by Ted Lang. Ted has worked in his own website design, hosting, and marketing business since 1993. He also provides Internet marketing consulting for businesses. He is a working artist and photographer, a photography instructor, a graduate of New York Institute of Photography, the Winona School of Professional Photography, and has a B.A. degree in education from Wayne State University. Ted previously owned and operated a photography studio in Utica, Michigan, and an art gallery and custom framing business in Rochester, Michigan. Today he specializes in fine art photography and hangs his work in various galleries and shows in the Metro Detroit area. He is also on the board of The Warren Tri-County Fine Art Association. His unique combination of business, marketing, Internet, and art experience provide students in this workshop with a valuable learning opportunity.
Workshop time and place TBD
or to get more information call 586-781-6342 or email Ted@TedLangPhotoArt.com